Re: [xsl] Root element is not complete in result tree

Subject: Re: [xsl] Root element is not complete in result tree
From: "Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Aug 2016 07:52:28 -0000
> There are other templates which does some calculations.. the output tree is
missing the end tag of </kingdom>

You could be hitting a bug: see for example

https://saxonica.plan.io/issues/2830
https://saxonica.plan.io/issues/2841

Streaming in Saxon is still work in progress, and although it's been supported
in some form for a while now, the scope of what can be streamed has been
increasing steadily in successive releases, while test coverage has sometimes
been lagging a bit behind.

Please submit a repro for the problem on http://saxonica.plan.io, and if
appropriate I will add it to the W3C test suite.
> Making it invalid xml. I am thinking that the processor stopped writing the
result tree after a point for some.reason... and did not throw any
exception..

> I am also thinking Saxon is playing with me because i am playing with it
,(eval version) because some times it says .. can not run it now, please try
later or some such thing. Hopefully this is something trivial..

This is documented behaviour for the evaluation license: see
http://www.saxonica.com/download/download.xml

...an evaluation license has two restrictions designed to discourage
production use: firstly, the license is disabled for a randomly-chosen period
of about 10 minutes in any day, and secondly, on about 1% of runs, it will
insert random asterisks into serialized output.

Michael Kay
Saxonica