Re: [xsl] no XSLT Jobs USA

Subject: Re: [xsl] no XSLT Jobs USA
From: "Liam R. E. Quin liam@xxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2017 02:07:33 -0000
On Wed, 2017-08-16 at 01:02 +0000, Mailing Lists Mail
daktapaal@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I think junior level guys are still probably ok, but spending all
> life doing XSLT, i think it makes you feel , why??? may be time to
> jump off to a different technology? Or change country?

I don't see why particularly. But XSLT is just one tool of many.

There are plenty of XML-related projects out there but XSLT is likely
to be a single aspect. Today I'd expect a developer working in
information management to have a good solid clue about the Web, about
JavaScript, as well as about back end systems including XQuery
databases as well as others. But the information needs of the project &
its maintainers and consumers has to come first, regardless of
technology.

Liam

--
Liam Quin, W3C, http://www.w3.org/People/Quin/
Staff contact for Verifiable Claims WG, XQuery WG

Web slave for http://www.fromoldbooks.org/