[xsl] [ann] oXygen XML Editor version 20

Subject: [xsl] [ann] oXygen XML Editor version 20
From: "George Bina george@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2018 10:14:05 -0000
Hi all,

I am happy to announce that version 20 of oXygen XML Editor is available from
http://www.oxygenxml.com

In version 20 we added a number of XSLT related improvements that I will try to highlight below. For the complete release notes please see
https://www.oxygenxml.com/xml_editor/whatisnew20.0.html

oXygen XML Editor version 20 supports text value templates, offering XPath content completion and treating them as XPath expressions for search and refactoring operations. For example variable or function references are identified in text value templates when you search for them or when you use refactoring operations to rename them.

The content completion shows the documentation for functions or named templates defined in the current XSLT. Also, when you enter a parameter name, the content completion will offer the existing parameter names from referenced XSLT modules, allowing you to easily select a parameter that you want to overwrite.

During XSLT debugging, if you stop the debugger at an xsl:if or xsl:when instruction, the XWatch view that allows you to evaluate expressions, will contain a temporary expression representing the test condition, so you ca easily understand how the script will continue.

The refactoring action that allows you to extract a fragment as a named template was improved to add type information for the variables or parameters it uses. A new refactoring action allows to convert xsl:attribute to a fixed attribute in the containing result element.

Unit testing XSLT scripts it is much easier with the updated XSpec support, which includes an open source add-on:
https://github.com/xspec/oXygen-XML-editor-xspec-support

The integrated Saxon EE was updated to version 9.8.0.8 and XSpec was updated to version 1.0.0.

Best Regards,
George
--
George Cristian Bina