Re: [xsl] Best Way to Break Up Nested Structures Based On Inline Elements

Subject: Re: [xsl] Best Way to Break Up Nested Structures Based On Inline Elements
From: "Imsieke, Gerrit, le-tex gerrit.imsieke@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2018 14:08:27 -0000
I tend to agree. This will leave the original code less cluttered. On the other hand, avoiding an extra pass is also cool.

We could pass position() as a tunneled parameter from the inner grouping to the apply-templates and make IDs unique by appending this position parameter (preceded by some glue string, for ex. '__'). But then we need to also adjust the references. We could automatically append '__1' to each reference so that it will point to the first occurrence of the original ID in the split document.

Gerrit