Re: [xsl] difficulty using xsl:analyze-string

Subject: Re: [xsl] difficulty using xsl:analyze-string
From: "Mukul Gandhi gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2018 06:39:55 -0000
On Wed, Jul 18, 2018 at 11:35 AM, Liam R. E. Quin liam@xxxxxx <

> Remember that \ isn't special in XML or XPath strings, so your string
> contains literal backslashes followed by lower case n. In a regular
> expression \ is special however, so to match a literal backslash-n you
> want \\n insteaf of \n.

Thanks, Liam. Your suggestion solves my problem.

I've some other questions as below, related to xsl:analyze-string,

1) The 1st example here, https://www.w3.org/TR/xslt20/#regex-examples

specifies regex as \n. That probably got me wrong.

stylesheet. The output I'm getting might be probably because, I
have <xsl:output method="html"/> in the stylesheet.
When I change output spec to following, <xsl:output method="xhtml"/> I
get <br></br> in the output.

When I specify, xsl:output method="xhtml", the following is the complete
output I get,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><html>
   <head>
      <title>test</title>
   </head>

Shouldn't an XHTML document begin with something like,

"http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd";>

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi