[xsl] Does anyone know of an XSLT checking tool?

Subject: [xsl] Does anyone know of an XSLT checking tool?
From: "Trevor Nicholls trevor@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 08:44:37 -0000
Hi

I am working with an application which pre-processes XML files before
editing them in FrameMaker and I have found that the latest version
(FrameMaker 2019) has updated the version of Saxon which it uses to perform
this step. Unfortunately it has given me a problem because the pre-processor
step fails with the error "FWK005 parse may not be called while parsing."

The problem is apparently due to the stylesheet containing a number of
xsl:include and/or xsl:import elements, while using Frame's own URIresolver.
The stylesheet ran fine in an older version of Frame and it runs without a
problem if I invoke it outside of the Frame context.

I have been able to work around this issue by in-lining everything into one
monolithic stylesheet and attempting to do a visual inspection to eliminate
or at least reduce the ambiguity which this has introduced. I wondered if
anyone had encountered a tool which would be able to read the resultant
stylesheet and identify points of redundancy or conflict. It's passed my
(fallible) checks and it has successfully executed on a few test documents
at least, but it would be nice to increase the confidence levels a bit!

Cheers