Re: [xsl] A use-case for xsl:merge?

Subject: Re: [xsl] A use-case for xsl:merge?
From: "John Dziurlaj john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2019 20:01:42 -0000
The element prototypes can be in the same document or different documents,
but for the purposes of the XSLT3 we are only concerned with merging the
external references, such that we have a fully dereferenced (i.e.
standalone) XML instance.

I already have code to pull in the external references (prototypes) and run
the XPath (via evaluate) on them. I've put all the code on GitHub to
hopefully make this easier to understand.

https://gist.github.com/JDziurlaj/04f13d8c7df1e33b9e371d5a56fcfc34

The code as it stands replaces the referring element with its prototype,
instead of merging it.

John.