[xsl] XSLT 3.0 processor accepting non well-formed XML inputs

Subject: [xsl] XSLT 3.0 processor accepting non well-formed XML inputs
From: "Mukul Gandhi gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2019 11:23:07 -0000
Hi all,
   I've got some chance to try XSLT 3.0's streaming features, and have
found them useful. I've a slight question as below,

The XSLT 3.0 spec, in the section "2.12 Streamed Validation" says following,

<quote>
A streamed transformation that only accesses part of the input document
(for example, a header at the start of a document) is not required to
continue reading once the data it needs has been read. This means that XML
well-formedness or validity errors occurring in the unread part of the
input stream may go undetected.
</quote>

As per above quoted text, is it ethical for an XSLT (3.0) processor to
provide a functionality that's based on a non well-formed input XML
document?

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi