Re: [xsl] is XPath 3.1 xml-to-json() function useful

Subject: Re: [xsl] is XPath 3.1 xml-to-json() function useful
From: "Mukul Gandhi gandhi.mukul@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2019 06:04:19 -0000
I'm continuing on this topic.

On Fri, Mar 8, 2019 at 4:39 PM Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx <

> we decided on a different approach: provide a function to convert a very
> specific XML vocabulary to JSON, and then (because we already have powerful
> XML-to-XML transformation capabilities), let the user say how their
> particular XML should be transformed to that vocabulary.

Lets say, we've a following input XML document,

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<root>
   <val>1</val>
   <val>2</val>
   <val>3</val>
   <val>4</val>
</root>

I would want to transform above XML document to following JSON,

{
    "root": {
        "val": [
            1,
            2,
            3,
            4
        ]
    }
}

How can I do this with XSLT 3.0 and XPath 3.1's fn:xml-to-json() function ?

--
Regards,
Mukul Gandhi