Re: [xsl] Keeping result-document() from writing to a file more than once?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Keeping result-document() from writing to a file more than once?
From: "Eliot Kimber ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 May 2019 14:37:42 -0000
I didn't consider having multiple keys bound to the same resource, which of
course can happen (and for good reasons).

So ultimately you need a map of URIs to keys or simply a distinct-values()
applied to the list of URIs provided by processing your key-to-resource map.

Cheers,

E.
--
Eliot Kimber
http://contrext.com

o;?On 5/5/19, 10:36 PM, "Dan Vint dvint@xxxxxxxxx"

    I just wanted to post an update. Thanks for
    pointing me in this direction, it's the first
    time I've used maps. the idea works but we have a
    quirk in my DITA content. I've got different keys
    pointing to the same content. So although the map
    key is unique, when I go to write a file based
    upon the sourcename + target, I end up with the same filename for the
output.

    The map solution gives me a convenient way to
    build an XML source that I can then process and
    check for duplicates in the filenames I'm creating.

    Thanks for the help

    ..dan

    At 08:39 AM 4/19/2019, Eliot Kimber ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
    >Yes--thanks for catching that--cut and paste error.
    >
    >Cheers,
    >
    >E.
    >
    >--
    >Eliot Kimber
    >http://contrext.com
    >

    >C/B;B?On 4/19/19, 10:10 AM, "Martin Honnen
    >martin.honnen@xxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
    >
    >     On 19.04.2019 17:02, Eliot Kimber ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
    >
    >     > If you construct map entries for each use
    > and then combine them into a single map using
    > the "use-first" or "use-any" "duplicates"
    > option then you can blindly process all the
    > references and let the map-merge process
    > produce a single list of elements, e.g.;
    >     >
    >     > <xsl:variable name="use-entries" as="map(*)*">
    >     >    <xsl:call-template name="find-all-conrefs"/>
    >     > </xsl:variable>
    >     >
    >     > The find-all-conrefs template generates
    > maps, one for each id/element pair, which you
    > can create with xsl:map or using the literal
    > map constructor: "map{$key : $value}".
    >     >
    >     > Now make a single map:
    >     >
    >     > <xsl:variable name="use-map" as="map(*)"
    >     >    select="map:merge($use-entries, map{ 'duplicates' :
'use-any'}"
    >     > />
    >     >
    >     > And then process the entries to produce the result docs:
    >     >
    >     > <xsl:for-each select="map:keys($use-map)">
    >     >    <xsl:variable name="key" select="." as="xs:string"/>
    >     >    <xsl:call-template name="make-result-doc">
    >     >      <xsl:with-param name="key" as="xs:string" select="$key"/>
    >     >      <xsl:with-param name="key"
    > as="element() " select="map:get($use-map, $key)" as="element() "/>
    >
    >     Isn't that second parameter supposed to be named
    >             <xsl:with-param name="value" as="element() "
    >     select="map:get($use-map, $key)" as="element() "/>
    >     ?
    >
    >     >    </xsl:call-template>
    >     > </xsl:for-each>
    >     >