Re: [xsl] unicode ligatures and interrupting markup

Subject: Re: [xsl] unicode ligatures and interrupting markup
From: "Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 14:15:14 -0000
Is this an XSL-FO question? Is it specific to a particular product?

Michael Kay
Saxonica

> On 16 May 2019, at 14:58, Pieter Lamers pieter.lamers@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> Hi all,
>
> For some Arabic text we need an underline to start (or end) halfway throuh a
word. The <u> markup for that is interrupting the characters and therefore
killing the required ligatures (writing variants of the characters). Would
anyone know a proper way around this? Example in Word (they know how to do
it):