Re: [xsl] unicode ligatures and interrupting markup

Subject: Re: [xsl] unicode ligatures and interrupting markup
From: "Pieter Lamers pieter.lamers@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 15:01:58 -0000
Hi Michael,

I guess that is the question. Initially I thought it was a generic
problem for tags interrupting unicode characters. Now, upon further
inspection I find that Firefox (and Thunderbird) keep/restore the
ligature form of the character, whereas Chrome (and PrinceXML) do not.

So it is not (just) about structure after all, but about rendering
mostly. I still don't see how the renderer would 'know' when to apply a
ligature in an interrupted flow though, but I guess it's been taken care
of, by some.

Best
Pieter