Re: [xsl] Multiple replace() in XSLT 2

Subject: Re: [xsl] Multiple replace() in XSLT 2
From: "Eliot Kimber ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 May 2019 19:15:06 -0000
Can you use XSLT 3 (if you're using latest Saxon then XSLT 3 is an option)?

If so, then xsl:iterate is probably easier for this than recursion.

If you are limited to XSLT 2 then I'd probably use a recursive function to do
it.

Cheers,

Eliot
--
Eliot Kimber
http://contrext.com

o;?On 5/16/19, 1:59 PM, "Rick Quatro rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

    Hi,

    I have a look up file of find/change pairs that I have to apply to a text
node in my XML document. I am using XSLT 2. Here is an example of the lookup
file:

    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <findchange_lookup>
        <findchange find="Eicas" change="EICAS"/>
        <findchange find="Ulb" change="ULB"/>
    </findchange_lookup>

    I am reading this in as a global variable, but I am not sure the best
approach for doing multiple replacements on the node. I can use recursion like
in XSLT 1, but I can't think of how to do this in XSLT 2. There could be any
number of <findchange> elements in my lookup file. Any pointers would be
appreciated. Thank you very much.

    Rick

    Rick Quatro
    Carmen Publishing Inc.