Re: [xsl] XPath expression that yields the same result as xsl:for-each-group?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XPath expression that yields the same result as xsl:for-each-group?
From: "Martin Honnen martin.honnen@xxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 30 May 2019 14:29:00 -0000
On 30.05.2019 16:10, Michael Kay mike@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
I would normally use maps for grouping in XPath 3.1.

Maps are nice and compact for grouping, I agree, but in the end I find that using them I can't conserve the original input order or control the order of items at all as I am used to from XSLT 2 with normal grouping.

So in most cases the requirements are not only to group but also to
establish an order for the groups, sometimes the original input order,
sometimes based on sort keys, and with items in a map being essentially
without order I often find it at least inconvenient to first create a
map and later have to ensure I get the wanted order when outputting the map.