[xsl] Getting a sequence of attribute names

Subject: [xsl] Getting a sequence of attribute names
From: "Rick Quatro rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Jul 2019 18:02:52 -0000
Hi,

I am using XSLT 2 and I think I am trying to get a "sequence" but I am not
sure. I have this as my input:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<root>

        <em italic="yes">first paragraph</em>

        <em italic="yes" bold="yes">second paragraph</em>

</root>

For each of the <em> elements, I am trying to get a space-delimited list (or
string) of attribute names. For example, the first one would be "italic" and
the second would be "italic bold". My output would be similar to this:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<root>

        <em class="italic">first paragraph</em>

        <em class="italic bold">second paragraph</em>

</root>

I could use a for-each construct to build my own, but I am thinking that
there might be a way to do this with xpath. Thank you very much in advance.

Rick

Rick Quatro

Carmen Publishing Inc.

rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx