Re: [xsl] What's the best feature in XSLT 3?

Subject: Re: [xsl] What's the best feature in XSLT 3?
From: "John Lumley john@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2019 19:30:05 -0000
For me itbs probably maps, as it allows structured results. Iterate helps a
lot in some cases (e.g. processing static variables in an XSLT compiler ;-)).

Dark horses might be accumulators (though I admit to never having used keys in
2.0) which are slowly growing on me.

And without xsl:evaluate an XSLT compiler in XSLT would be considerably more
complex. I should also of course use packaging .... real soon now....

John Lumley

Sent from my iPad

ius martynas@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

liam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx scripsit:
>>> While i was preparing for a course on XSLT 3 later this month, i
>>> wondered whether other people would have favourite features that were
>>> introduced in XSLT 3. I know i do.
>>>
>>> What do you find most useful? Or like the best?
>>
>> Maps.  I find maps are hands-down the single most useful thing in XSLT 3.
(Even
>> if that's technically 3.1.)
>>
>> xsl:mode can clearly do much more than I use it for, but the one-line
>> identity template version is a boon to multi-pass processing.
>>
>> The general... compactness of expression?  I'm not sure what to call it.
>>
>> <xsl:variable as="xs:integer" name="splitPos" select="min($kids[label =
$labelKeys] ! index-of($kids, .))" />