[xsl] XSLT 3: Possible to Get Unescaped Markup in Message Results?

Subject: [xsl] XSLT 3: Possible to Get Unescaped Markup in Message Results?
From: "Eliot Kimber ekimber@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 16:21:34 -0000
This may be a Saxon-specific question but I thought I would start here.

Using Saxon 9.9 and XSLT 3, I want to emit nicely-formatted XML markup in my
messages where the base markup has lots of noise I don't want to see (in this
case Office Open XML which is oversupplied with namespace declarations and
lots of little elements with lots of attributes.

I wrote some templates to generate the formatted markup I want but the
<xsl:message> o;?result has all the angle brackets escaped (I'm running from
within Oxygen but I assume the result would be the same from the command
line).

Is there a standard way around this? If not, is there a Saxon-specific way
around it?

I tried capturing the markup to a variable and then using xsl:text with
disable-output-escaping="yes" but that didn't seem to work.

Thanks,

Eliot
--
Eliot Kimber