Re: [xsl] How do I pass the mode as a string?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How do I pass the mode as a string?
From: "Liam R. E. Quin liam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2020 17:22:21 -0000
On Tue, 2020-03-03 at 11:54 +0000, David Carlisle
d.p.carlisle@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> essentially that's not possible: the mode needs to be a literal at
> compile time not any kind of variable

As Nartin i think will point out later in this thread :) in XSLT 3 you
can use shadow attributes and _mode="$staticmode" where $staticmode is
a stylesheet parameter declared with static="yes" - for any XSLT
attribute. I've also used this for xsl:output's doctype attribute,
which is neither an AVT nor an expression.

Liam

--
Liam Quin, https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/
Barefoot Web-slave, antique illustrations:  http://www.fromoldbooks.org