Re: [xsl] How do I pass the mode as a string?

Subject: Re: [xsl] How do I pass the mode as a string?
From: "Piez, Wendell A. (Fed) wendell.piez@xxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 2020 15:28:19 -0000
Dear Liam,

> But i prefer to keep things as simple and maintainable as possible!

In the real world I agree. Or at least, I am learning to agree.

However, what makes this hard to maintain is arguably the opacity of it
(building and applying an XSLT that never gets seen), not the two steps.

A Step One writing an XSLT to be applied in Step Two could also be
orchestrated from outside using Ant or a script. As you well know! p
,
depending on the case, this approach does not have to be impossible to
understand.

Of course maintainability is very contingent ... I am not sure I'd deploy
XSLT-generating XSLT for a one-off either.

Cheers, Wendell