Re: [xsl] Parsing XPath in XSLT?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Parsing XPath in XSLT?
From: "Alain Couthures alain.couthures@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2020 18:01:02 -0000
 Wendell,
XSLTForms 1.4 has its own XPath 1.0 parser written in XSLT 1.0 generating
embedded Javascript object creations.
XSLTForms 1.5 will (very soon) come with an XQuery/XPath 3.1 parser
written in Javascript generating embedded Javascript arrays which can
easily be serialized in XQueryX notation.
Best regards,
Alain Couthures
agenceXML

  Le 25 mars 2020 C  18:31, "Wendell Piez wapiez@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <
  xsl-list-service@lists. mulberrytech.com> a C)crit :

  XSL Friends,
  What kinds of advice can you offer on the question of parsing XPath
  in XSLT?
  I am currently having to interpret XPath or (more likely) an XPath
  subset into an abstract representation that can be rewritten into
  various forms. Naturally I would like to do this out of a parse tree
  or the functional equivalent, represented in some sort of XML, since
  serializing that back out is easy enough. It is producing that tree
  that is a problem. I need a parser for XPath or if not for all of
  XPath, then at least for my subset -- which includes namespaces. So
  even if partial the model must expose names and namespaces to the
  extent that a path rewriter can (for example) map into a new set of
  namespace prefixes --
  Any thoughts? Open source projects I should take a look at? Have the
  community-standards initiatives captured any good work in this area?
  Best regards, Wendell
  -- ...Wendell Piez... ...wendell -at- nist -dot- gov...
  ...wendellpiez.com... ...pellucidliterature.org...
  ...pausepress.org... ...github.com/wendellpiez...
  ...gitlab.coko.foundation/wendell...

XSL-List info and archiveEasyUnsubscribe (by email)