Re: [xsl] return of the XSL FAQ

Subject: Re: [xsl] return of the XSL FAQ
From: "Graydon graydon@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 May 2020 18:40:40 -0000
On Mon, May 18, 2020 at 05:08:28PM -0000, Liam R. E. Quin liam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx scripsit:
> I'll wait a few more days to give others a chance to comment
> (especially Dave himself!). But i'm leaning towards keeping the
> existing 1.0/2.0 FAQ unchanged (except e.g. if there are broken links
> etc) and starting a new one that incorporates XSLT 3 and current work
> and implementations.

I'd prefer that outcome.

There's that line about the past is another country, and they do things
differently there; I think that's a distinction well worth maintaining
about XSLT 1 as distinct from current practise.

XSLT 2 and especially 3 are substantially more capable languages; I
would want to be making that clear from the outset, in "Only use 1 if
you're actively compelled" terms.

--
Graydon Saunders  | graydonish@xxxxxxxxx
^fs oferiode, pisses swa mfg.