Re: [xsl] XSLT 4: Define proper streaming

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 4: Define proper streaming
From: "Martin Honnen martin.honnen@xxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 05:13:02 -0000
Am 25.05.2020 um 22:00 schrieb Dimitre Novatchev dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx:
This one should be obvious enough:

In XSLT 3.0 only a source XML document can be streaming -processed.

Why not an output of a (potentially other/unknown/external/independent)
transformation?

I think you can chain two or more streaming transformations with Saxon EE, at least from the host language like Java and s9api or even relying on SAX APIs. Not sure whether it is also possible using fn:transform.

Please, don't tell us that we don't know how to exactly formulate this
requirement, or that it is ("extremely") difficult to implement it. Both
a possible design and implementation are delivered in the concept of a
**concurrent queue**.

Are there any such designs or implementations in terms of the XDM?