Re: [xsl] An observation on the performance of fn:transform

Subject: Re: [xsl] An observation on the performance of fn:transform
From: "Norman Tovey-Walsh ndw@xxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2020 09:20:49 -0000
Martin Honnen martin.honnen@xxxxxx <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
writes:
> There is an option
>   'cache' : true()
> on the option map you pass to `fn:transform` which serves as a hint to
> the XSLT processor to cache the stylesheet, perhaps setting that
> explicitly improves performance.

Not in Saxon 10.1, apparently, at least not as itbs used in XSpec, but
thank you. I had spent a few minutes trying to think if I could get the
result in a cached function (roughly along the lines John Lumley
suggests in a following message), but I hadnbt thought to go back and
reexamine the options.

                                        Be seeing you,
                                          norm

--