Re: [xsl] problem with transforming mixed content

Subject: Re: [xsl] problem with transforming mixed content
From: "Imsieke, Gerrit, le-tex gerrit.imsieke@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2020 05:56:53 -0000
Dear Wolfhart,

If the input elements are in a certain namespace, then seeing a namespace *declaration* (xmlns:prefix="uri") is probably less of a problem than seeing the original <i> element in whatever namespace it used to be (<i xmlns="orig-ns">).

In this case, even <xsl:copy copy-namespaces="no"> wouldn't help because if the <i> is reproduced by xsl:copy, it will keep its namespace. Only declarations that are not needed will be left out, but i's namespace *is* needed if it remains in its original namespace.

In order to "copy" the source elements, but put them in another namespace, you don't use <xsl:copy>. You can use <xsl:element name="{local-name()}"> in order to keep the (unprefixed, if the input elements had a prefix) name but put the result in whatever namespace the rest of the output is in.

hth

Gerrit