Re: [xsl] Converting XML into ODT document to print as paper

Subject: Re: [xsl] Converting XML into ODT document to print as paper
From: "Martin Honnen martin.honnen@xxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2020 08:07:42 -0000
Am 24.09.2020 um 09:57 schrieb Manuel Souto Pico terminolator@xxxxxxxxx:

I would need to convert XML to something that has a fixed page layout
ready to print, like ODT/OOXML or PDF.

I know OOXML is complex, but since the final document needs to be
printed and keep the same layout, probably HTML output is not good for
this (I guess!).

What I need at the moment is just a quick and dirty proof of concept to
show that this conversion is feasible and not too difficult, to show it
to decision makers (I'm not a XSLT developer myself).

There are frameworks like https://transpect.github.io/ that should help,
you will need to transform your XML format to one of the supported ones
(e.e. Hub) and then use the provided stylesheeets to generate PDF or ODT.