Re: [xsl] XSLT 4: map serialization

Subject: Re: [xsl] XSLT 4: map serialization
From: "Dimitre Novatchev dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2020 06:14:08 -0000
Sent from my iPhone

> On Nov 24, 2020, at 9:15 PM, Liam R. E. Quin liam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> o;?On Wed, 2020-11-25 at 04:56 +0000, Dimitre Novatchev
> dnovatchev@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>

>> *The pure XPath solution is also an XQuery solution*, as XQuery is a
>> superset of XPath.
>
> However, the results may differ in terms of in-scope namespaces, i
> think.
>
> I'd probably write an XSLT function. Or an XQuery function.
>
> Liam

This is a solution of the original problem. If we evolve the problem with
specifying namespaces that should be in scope, this can also be done.

I long for balmost impossible to solve problemsb but this is not one of
them. Examples can be found here: https://dnovatchev.wordpress.com

If one has an even small library of the right  XPath functions , say something
corresponding to the (higher order) functions in just one or two core Haskell
modules, these can be used to solve a large variety of problems.

As for using XQuery vs. XSLT, the problem of choosing one or the other
doesnbt exist when using pure XPath.

Dimitre