Re: [xsl] Does the new structure include the same text content?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Does the new structure include the same text content?
From: "Bauman, Syd s.bauman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2021 14:42:35 -0000
Hear hear! (Even from DH & XML experts I have been told the data is
consistent, only to find it is not.)

One of my favorite pair of templates looks something like

  <xsl:template match="node()" priority="-12">
    <xsl:processing-instruction name="SBerr">If you loved me you would have
matched me! :-(</xsl:processing-instruction>
  </xsl:template>
  <xsl:template match="@*" priority="-12">
    <xsl:attribute name="loves-me-not" select="'@'||name(.)"
namespace="http://bauman.zapto.org/debug/ns"/>
  </xsl:template>

(Although typically I add some more debugging code, like putting the name of
the current node into the PI, too.)

Others have made good suggestions wrt content. A simple first step I tend to
use is a wildcard element template (match="*") which logs anything not already
handled. It's crude but I have found there are sometimes differences between
what the client swears blind is the current schema, and the schema actually in
use :-)