Re: [xsl] with XPath 1.0, select all following sibling elements of name "foo" up to the first non-"foo" element

Subject: Re: [xsl] with XPath 1.0, select all following sibling elements of name "foo" up to the first non-"foo" element
From: "Liam R. E. Quin liam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Feb 2021 04:11:33 -0000
On Thu, 2021-02-18 at 04:00 +0000, Wolfhart Totschnig
wolfhart.totschnig@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Dear Liam,
>
> Thanks for your proposal! As far as I can see, your solution does not
> work in all cases. If I understand correctly, the problem is that
> your
> formula works only when the current node is "foo", but not when it is
> non-"foo".

Possibly i was too literal in reading the question - or misreading.

> By the way, there is a little syntax error in the formula, a missing
> ")"
> before the final "]".

Proves i didn't test it :) :)

With XPath 1 you tend (or i do) to use count() a lot.

--
Liam Quin,B https://www.delightfulcomputing.com/
Barefoot Web-slave, antique illustrations: B http://www.fromoldbooks.org