Re: [xsl] Resolve optional conref and apply another template

Subject: Re: [xsl] Resolve optional conref and apply another template
From: "Martin Honnen martin.honnen@xxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2022 22:45:55 -0000
On 17.01.2022 23:36, rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hi All,

I have some <note> elements that I want to convert to tables, so I have
the following template:

B B B <!-- Convert caution and warning notes to simpletables. -->

B B B <xsl:template match="note[@type='caution' or @type='warning']">

B B B B B B B <simpletable relcolwidth="100*" frame="all"
outputclass="{@type}">

B B B B B B B B B B B <sthead><stentry>{@type =>
upper-case()}</stentry></sthead>

B B B B B B B B B B B <strow>

B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B <stentry><xsl:apply-templates/></stentry>

B B B B B B B B B B B </strow>

B B B B B B B </simpletable>

B B B </xsl:template>

However, some <note> elements are conrefs to other files. I have this
template to resolve the conrefs:

B B B B <xsl:template match="note[@conref]" priority="2">

B B B B B B B <xsl:variable name="doc">

B B B B B B B B B B B <xsl:choose>

 B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B  <xsl:when
test="contains(@conref,'#')">{substring-before(@conref,'#')}</xsl:when>

B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B <xsl:otherwise>{@conref}</xsl:otherwise>

B B B B B B B B B B B </xsl:choose>

B B B B B B B </xsl:variable>

B B B B B B B <xsl:variable name="id">

B B B B B B B B B B B <xsl:if test="contains(@conref,'#')">

 B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B  <xsl:variable name="scratch"
select="substring-after(@conref,'#')"/>

B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B <xsl:choose>

 B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B  <xsl:when
test="contains($scratch,'/')">{tokenize($scratch,'/')[last()]}</xsl:when>

B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B
<xsl:otherwise>{$scratch}</xsl:otherwise>

B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B </xsl:choose>

B B B B B B B B B B B </xsl:if>

B B B B B B B </xsl:variable>

B B B B B B B <xsl:variable name="file"
select="resolve-uri($doc,base-uri(.))"/>

B B B B B B B <xsl:choose>

B B B B B B B B B B B <xsl:when test="doc-available($file)">

B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B <xsl:choose>

B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B <xsl:when test="($id and $id!='')">

B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B <xsl:copy-of
select="doc($file)//*[@id=$id]"/>

B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B </xsl:when>

B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B <xsl:otherwise>

B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B <xsl:copy-of
select="doc($file)/*"/>

B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B </xsl:otherwise>

B B B B B B B B B B B B B B B </xsl:choose>

B B B B B B B B B B B </xsl:when>

B B B B B B B B B B B <xsl:otherwise><xsl:copy-of
select="."/></xsl:otherwise>

B B B B B B B </xsl:choose>

B B B </xsl:template>

I am not sure how to integrate the two templates so that I can convert
conref notes to tables too. Any pointers would be appreciated. Thank you
very much.

So what kind of element(s) does doc($file)//*[@id=$id] in <xsl:copy-of select="doc($file)//*[@id=$id]"/> select? "note" elements that need to be converted?

If you want to apply your template you would need
  <xsl:apply-templates select="doc($file)//*[@id=$id]"/>
it seems.