Re: [xsl] Why can a template rule match on a child of multiple elements but cannot match on multiple children of an element?

Subject: Re: [xsl] Why can a template rule match on a child of multiple elements but cannot match on multiple children of an element?
From: "Chris Papademetrious christopher.papademetrious@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2022 13:36:01 -0000
Hi Roger,

> Why can I have a template rule like this:
>
> <xsl:template
match="(sidRunwayTransition|sidCommonRoute|sidEnrouteTransition)/supplemental
Data">

> But I cannot have a template rule like this:
>
> <xsl:template
match="sid/(sidRunwayTransition|sidCommonRoute|sidEnrouteTransition)">

I recently ran into a similar issue, but with attributes instead of elements.
Updating to the latest version of Saxon resolved the issue, and the template
worked as expected.

Hopefully your solution is as easy as that.

 - Chris