Re: the "~" operator (was Re: [xsl] Add id to next element)

Subject: Re: the "~" operator (was Re: [xsl] Add id to next element)
From: "Chris Papademetrious christopher.papademetrious@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2022 02:18:07 -0000
> I'm not sure I want that ~ operator MORE than I want to be able to stuff
XPath expressions into macros, but if there are votes, I would vote in favour
of it.

Ahh yes, while we're casting imaginary votes, I want that macro feature too.
:)

It is the feature I didn't know I wanted back when I asked this question:

https://www.biglist.com/lists/lists.mulberrytech.com/xsl-list/archives/202201
/msg00000.html

I basically wanted to be able to define a complex XPath expression somewhere
once, then reuse it here and there as needed.

In the end, I took Wendell and Eliot's advice to emulate a macro using a
function and templates:

https://www.biglist.com/lists/lists.mulberrytech.com/xsl-list/archives/202201
/msg00010.html
https://www.biglist.com/lists/lists.mulberrytech.com/xsl-list/archives/202201
/msg00011.html

but a macro capability would certainly be much more elegant! The
function/template approach works, but is verbosely verbose.

 - Chris