Re: [xsl] XPath equivalent to xsl:apply-templates?

Subject: Re: [xsl] XPath equivalent to xsl:apply-templates?
From: "Chris Papademetrious christopher.papademetrious@xxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jun 2022 13:32:39 -0000
Hi Graydon, Dimitre,

I have also wished for the ability to apply templates from XPath. I don't
think it's so much about solving a problem that <xsl:apply-templates> can't;
it's more a matter of convenience in some cases. A function wrapper around the
template works, but it would be nice to more directly (and more clearly)
invoke the template itself.

As an XSLT novice, I struggle to see transparently through some of the
verbosity that more experienced developers can. Anything that helps reduce
verbosity helps me keep things in my head.

 - Chris