[xsl] [ANN] XPathle

Subject: [xsl] [ANN] XPathle
From: "Imsieke, Gerrit, le-tex gerrit.imsieke@xxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2022 19:49:24 -0000
Those of you who've been to XML Prague already know it: My demojam contribution is a Wordle-inspired game, written -- of course -- in XSLT and running in the browser using SaxonJS.

https://gimsieke.github.io/xpathle/

It's not just fun, but also educational. See for example the difference between
//li[position() mod 3 = 0]
and
/descendant::li[position() mod 3 = 0]
or
(//li)[position() mod 3 = 0]
when applied to the second example.

I cannot promise that there will be a "daily" challenge each and every day. But please send me links to XML files on Github or elsewhere, together with secret XPaths, and I will use them as input for the daily challenge, with some attribution if you don't object.

The distance calculation used to be so buggy, it haunted me until today when I finally got it right (which I thought at least five times already in the past 10 days). If it doesn't compute the distances as you'd expect them to be from the documentation, please file a bug report.

-Gerrit