Re: [xsl] Process the following group

Subject: Re: [xsl] Process the following group
From: "Eliot Kimber eliot.kimber@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 7 Jul 2022 22:10:24 -0000
So the first two div2 elements should be grouped with the first div1?

If you do group-starting-with div1 then the first two div2s will be in the
first group and that group will not start with a div1, so you can have logic
to ignore that first group and then in a group that starts with <div1>, you
can pull any <div2> elements that do not have a <div1> preceding sibling,
which will get the <div2>s that would have formed the first group. No
subsequent group will have <div2>s that do not have a <div1> preceding
sibling.

But this is also a case where it might be easier to pre-process your content
before grouping, for example, to move things so that theres always a <div1>
before any <div2>s or what ever it might be.

I generally find these kinds of challenges are most effectively solved by
breaking them into several steps, each one of which is relatively easy to
implement.

Cheers,

E.
Eliot Kimber