Re: [xsl] xslt create a variable from external xml file

Subject: Re: [xsl] xslt create a variable from external xml file
From: "Martin Honnen martin.honnen@xxxxxx" <xsl-list-service@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2023 13:17:57 -0000
On 27.08.2023 12:50, LEGAULT, PHILLIP plegault@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:

> I have tried everything and Ibm unable to get the values from the
> external xml file.

As others have said, describe exactly one intent that failed so that we
can reproduce the failure and try to fix it.

I note that earlier you said "I came across a java script library with
saxon xslt 2.0 that I have been using with my python scripts.". That of
course might be an environment nobody else here knows or uses and where
(perhaps!) working directory settings/base URIs are all odd in
comparison to just running SaxonJ with e.g. java from the command line.
But I am just guessing where things might go wrong, consider to describe
your setup in a way that others can reproduce the failure you experience
to get the "document" or "doc" function working. Or run Saxon as
documented for a supported version, then all suggestions made are more
likely to apply than in that odd combination (java script? with saxon
xslt 2.0 with python scripts) you seem to be using.