RE: Publisher's association on DRM

Subject: RE: Publisher's association on DRM
From: Edward Barrow <edward@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 17:38:37 +0100
To amplify Mr Johnson's useful contribution:

These provisions, like the treaty containing them, apply to performances
and phonograms. There are equivalent measures in the WIPO Copyright Treaty
and the Berne Convention  applying to copyright works.
The equivalent to article 5 of the WPPT is Article 6bis of the Berne
Convention; the equivalent to Articles 18 and 19 - relating to
anti-circumvention obligations and obligations in relation to rights
management information respectively - are articles 11 and 12 of the WCT.

Incidentally, perhaps Mr Johnson could enlighten us benighted citizens of
countries less enlightened than the United States how it is, that given
Article 6bis of Berne, that moral rights do not apply in the USA? or
perhaps I am misunderstanding his case?

Edward Barrow
New Media Copyright Consultant
http://www.copyweb.co.uk/
***Important:   see http://www.copyweb.co.uk/email.htm for information
about the legal status of this email ***