Who Secures Rights for Reserve Items?

Subject: Who Secures Rights for Reserve Items?
From: Rosalind Tedford <tedforrl@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 09:16:36 -0400
I am curious to know how academic institutions secure rights for items
placed on reserve beyond one semester.

Do you leave it to the professor, or is it done through the Dean or
other administrative department or the Library? Who provides the budget?
If you leave it to the professor, what sort of 'proof' do you require
before you will place an item on reserve a second time and what sort of
guidance to you give them about where to go to get the rights?

Any policy statements, procedures, letters to faculty, etc. would be
welcome.

You can respond to me off-list and I'll compile a summary for anyone who
is interested.

Thanks in advance!

Rosalind Tedford
--
"Stupidity killed the cat, curiosity was framed."

Rosalind Tedford
Information Technology Center Manager
Wake Forest University
Phone: 336-758-5910