In The News

Subject: In The News
From: "Olga Francois" <ofrancois@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 10:33:24 -0400

Lessig Blog Archives for October 2002: ELDRED SUPREME COURT HEARING
http://cyberlaw.stanford.edu/lessig/blog/archives/2002_10.shtml#000531

"So there's an extraordinary (and extraordinarily interesting) range of
reporting about the argument before the Court. As I was on the front
line, let me add a bit more. My hope in doing this is to put this in a
bit of context, and to highlight at least what we should be looking for.
(EV predicts a 6-3 victory, which is significant, because he and I have
a bet, and he took the other side.)"
-----------

Media Seek to Limit Digital Copying
By Jim Krane, TechNews.com, October 14, 2002
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A25359-2002Oct14.html

" Congress would be "putting the dinosaurs in charge of evolution" if
Hollywood succeeds in obtaining a federal law that would restrict
consumer use of digital video and music, a civil liberties attorney told
an Associated Press conference."

Colleges Could Face Lawsuits Over Illegal File-Sharing
By KATHERINE S. MANGAN, Chronicle.com, October 14, 2002
http://chronicle.com/free/2002/10/2002101401t.htm

"Universities that fail to crack down on student software pirates face a
growing threat of lawsuits or new regulations, industry and government
representatives warned at a discussion held on Friday at the University
of Texas at Austin."