University Liability

Subject: University Liability
From: Mark Ishikawa <MarkI@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 6 Nov 2002 09:46:13 -0800
You can register a Digital Millenium Copyright Act (DMCA) contact  with the
US copyright office This will provide you some safe harbor in the event one
of your users is caught providing copyrighted works on your network.  In
order to maintain that safe harbor, you must follow the rules as defined by
the DMCA, takedown copyyrighted materials upon being notified of it's
existance, terminate the account of repeat infringers.

My company BAYTSP.COM which provides tracking and notification services for
copyright holders.  in the last 2 years we have identified over 15 million
copyright infrinmentments with many of the infrigement originating from
universities.  We also are the primary internet anti-piracy service for
companies such as Adobe.

To prevent some of your problems,   I would recommend blocking the offending
services ports at your network router,  disabling the major file trading
metworks.

Please feel free to contact me if I can be of furter assistance.

Mark M. Ishikawa
CEO
BayTSP.com