Question About Music Copyright

Subject: Question About Music Copyright
From: Rosalind Tedford <tedforrl@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Dec 2002 09:17:30 -0500
We are putting together a presentation for our students about music (and
movie) files and copyright. I am looking for a good site out there that
details exactly what you can and can't do and why.

I have students arguing with me all the time that if they own the CD,
it's legal for them to make MP3s or make a second copy of the CD for
personal use. I know this is not the case, but if anyone has a site (or
handout) that explains why, I'd love to see it!!

Just don't want to reinvent the wheel. Too much else needs inventing!

Thanks --

Roz
--
"Stupidity killed the cat, curiosity was framed."

Rosalind Tedford
Information Technology Center Manager
Wake Forest University
Phone: 336-758-5910