I see what you mean about Greenspan :-(

Subject: I see what you mean about Greenspan :-(
From: Max.Hyre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 18 Apr 2003 15:42:04 -0400
   Dear Mr. Mitchell:

   You wrote:

> It is not a question of balancing innovation incentives against
> follow-on innovation opportunities.

I now understand your point (and, I suspect, that of Mr. Crews,
as well).  Simply desiring a balance, while necessary, is not
sufficient, and trying to balance the wrong things can lead to
disaster.

   While my original outlook was fairly neutral, I'm now much more
disheartened by Mr. Greenspan's remarks, as the differences between
social good and economic profitability are vast, and his remarks
certainly gave zero recognition to the former.

   Thanks for the clarification.

--

                         Best wishes,

                                  Max Hyre