Editorial re Copyright Collectives and Electronic Works

Subject: Editorial re Copyright Collectives and Electronic Works
From: Kim Nayyer <kim_mlis@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 14:11:12 -0500 (EST)
(Cross-posted; please excuse duplications.)

Hello subscribers,

Those interested in copyright collectives and schemes
of rights clearances for electronic uses may wish to
read a recent editorial in The Copyright & New Media
Law Newsletter: Copyright Collectives and Electronic
Works, Volume 2003, Issue 4, The Copyright & New Media
Law Newsletter.

In her editorial, Lesley Ellen Harris offers an
historical overview of traditional reprography
copyright collectives, explains their function and
interaction with each other within the International
Federation of Reproduction Rights Organisations, and
considers the potential for such collectives to manage
clearances for electronic uses of works.

In the interests of brevity I do not wish to post the
editorial in its entirety; those interested may email
me directly (off-list) and I will be pleased to send
along a copy.

Information about The Copyright & New Media Law
Newsletter may be found at http://copyrightlaws.com

Regards,
Kim Nayyer BSc LLB MLIS
kim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx