RE: digital-copyright Digest 25 Mar 2004 16:00:00 -0000 Issue 355

Subject: RE: digital-copyright Digest 25 Mar 2004 16:00:00 -0000 Issue 355
From: "John R. Tersigni" <jrt7@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 25 Mar 2004 14:59:14 -0500
Joe,
The real question is, did the party who published her site benefit
financially
from the post? If they did, then that's another matter. If the site was used
for educational purposes only, she has no case. Of course people can sue for
anything. Her lawyers better get a nice retainer, because she's going to
lose
if there's no profit involved. If you ask the money question, you'll usually
find the answer or something close to it.

For example, if I was to direct people to this site
http://www.bushflash.com/idiot.html
for educational purposes only, I would be ok. However, if I was a political
consultant
with experience raising money for the DNC, and I was using this site to
impress potential clients and secure contracts with them, then the publisher
of this
site might have a case against me.

--John