RE: Intellectual property question

Subject: RE: Intellectual property question
From: "Wates Edward" <Edward.Wates@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 08:03:31 +0100
Valerie,

Items (2) and (3) would be non-controversial from a publisher
perspective, provided the institution had print and/or electronic
subscriptions to the publications in question.

Item (1) would depend on the individual publisher's policy regarding
photocopying, but I believe most would permit this provided the
appropriate fee is made to the relevant Reproductive Rights Organization
(Copyright Clearance Center or similar).

I hope this answers your query.

With best wishes,

Edward Wates
UK Journal Production Director