IP oversight

Subject: IP oversight
From: Richard Nollan <rnollan@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 10:13:04 -0600
Recently one of our faculty members asked me a question that I would
like to forward to this group. Professors sometimes take liberties with
regard to the copyright law and the digital items that they use in
their classes. My feeling is that faculty members in general are
expected to know, or to find out how the law relates to there work. I
know that universities and campuses may have people who can offer
advice to faculty members about individual cases, but I would like to
know if there are any instances where someone on campus actively (or
proactively) looks for questionable online practices to correct?

Thanks in advance.

Richard Nollan
Associate Professor and Special Collections Librarian
University of Tennessee Health Sciences Library
rnollan@xxxxxxxxx