RE: Major changes in copyright law since 1989

Subject: RE: Major changes in copyright law since 1989
From: "Cate, Beth Ellen" <becate@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2005 10:41:21 -0500
IStayed tuned on the Grokster case...depending on how that comes out,
that could be a major change in the law regarding secondary liability.
It's being argued in March, with a decision expected in June or July.

Take care,

Beth

Beth Cate
Associate University Counsel
Office of the University Counsel and
Office of the Vice President for Research
Indiana University
Bryan Hall 211
Bloomington, IN  47405
(812) 855-9739 (phone)
(812) 855-0678 (fax)

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This message and any attachments contain
information that may be confidential or protected by the attorney-client
privilege and/or the work product doctrine.  If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately by email and
delete the original message; any retention, disclosure, copying,
distribution or use of this information by anyone other than the
intended recipient is strictly prohibited.