Video delivery for online course?

Subject: Video delivery for online course?
From: Robert Warrior <warrior@xxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 20:06:59 -0500
Hello,

I am looking for advice on a topic involving an online course I am creating. In it, I want to use some films (which I own video copies of) that I use in the classroom version of the course. I could possibly make licensing arrangements with the films' owners to stream their content for students in my course, but IT people I will work with apparently don't stream full-length videos on their servers.

I have been trying to figure out a way to screen these videos for my online students the same way I do for my classroom students without violating fair use and copyright. I subscribed to this list thinking some of you on it might have a creative solution. I checked the archives and didn't find anything that addressed my problem specifically.

Thanks

Robert