May 4th Early Registration for Copyright Symposium

Subject: May 4th Early Registration for Copyright Symposium
From: "Olga Francois" <OFrancois@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Apr 2007 09:41:43 -0400
There is still time--but it is limited--to save when you register for
this year's symposium:

Copyright Utopia:
Alternative Visions, Methods & Policies
May 21-23, 2007
UMUC Inn & Conference Center,
http://www.umuc.edu/cip/symposium/

The seventh annual symposium on Intellectual Property presented by the
Center for Intellectual Property, University of Maryland University
College in Adelphi, MD. http://www.umuc.edu/cip/symposium/

EARLY REGISTRATION DEADLINE IS MAY 4th! See {http://tinyurl.com/2z4po3
[secure servers]} to register.

Join us Monday, May 21, for one of two in-depth afternoon pre-conference
seminars:

    --Copyright 101, or
    --E-Reserves Policy and Implementation
    http://www.umuc.edu/cip/symposium/preconference

Then, come that evening to hear a dynamic opening keynote address by
Fred von Lohmann, Senior Intellectual Property Attorney of the
Electronic Frontier Foundation. With his distinct views on user
generated content, rights and accesses to copyrighted materials, he will
surely provide a thought provoking opening to our discussions.

On Tuesday and Wednesday, May 22-23, we will have a keynote
    --" Utopian Visions of Copyright: Tweak, Transform or Opt-out"
and the following panel discussions:
    -- Closed is not necessarily the Other Side of Open
    -- International Approaches
    -- Tweaking Copyright: Legislative Alternatives
    -- Licensing & the Commons as (c) Alternatives
    -- Transforming Copyright: Technological Alternatives
    http://www.umuc.edu/cip/symposium/agenda

Please visit http://www.umuc.edu/cip/symposium for detailed information
about registration, agenda, travel, and lodging. You may also call
240-582-2803. We look forward to seeing you!

--
Olga Francois, Assistant Director
Center for Intellectual Property
University of Maryland University College
3501 University Blvd. East, PGM3-780
Adelphi, MD 20783
Phone: 240-582-2964
Fax:   240-582-2961