RE: Permission to use screenshots of databases

Subject: RE: Permission to use screenshots of databases
From: "Jason Griffey" <Jason-Griffey@xxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2007 12:09:09 -0400
I would disagree with this interpretation...asking permission for every
possible use undermines Fair Use rights. The purpose of Fair Use is to
allow exactly these sorts of endeavors. There would need to be a careful
application of the principles, but there is no need to automatically
jump to "ask permission always" either.

Jason

Jason Griffey
Assistant Professor
Head of Library Information Technology
University of Tennessee at Chattanooga
615 McCallie Avenue, Chattanooga, TN  37403
jason-griffey@xxxxxxx :: (423) 425-5449

This correspondence should be considered a public record and subject to
public inspection pursuant to the Tennessee Public Records Act