Email Fair Use

Subject: Email Fair Use
From: Lincoln Keiser <lkeiser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2007 17:30:07 -0400
Hi,

I'm new to the list and have a question I hope you all can help me with. I belong to a number of email chat groups. They state that posts are copyright protected and cannot be distributed outside the list without permission of the author. Recently the content of a post I wrote on one list was incorporated by someone in post written on another list without my permission. She did acknowledge that I was the author of the incorporated material. Is this a violation of copyright laws, or does Fair Use protect her?

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question.

Linc